Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cut it out & pop it up @ Christmas Card Challenges

Mornings Beautiful People!
It is time for a new challenge at

And this week’s theme is....
Cut it out & pop it up!
 Remember the challenge theme is optional, the only real rule is you must create a new Christmas Holiday, winter or Hanukkah card / creation. 

I was not much in the mood for sitting and coloring in this week so I thought I would try taking this challenge to a different level for myself and try something I have always wanted to do and never done and that is, popping my card up off it's base! (I know!  How simple and I have seen it done heaps of times and it looks wicked but have never done it myself!)  
Well .... Until now! 





Every-thing is 'popping' off this card, including the card popping off the base!  I have been inking up my  Snowy Background that I have embossed with black embossing powder and then blinged up the snowflakes with an assortment of pearls and jewels.  I then cut it out in a triangle shape, distressed the edges with some TH inks, & added a distressed rectangle piece for the tree stump (makes a pretty nice tree if I say so myself :)   And the tree is then again, popped up on some foam dots. 

For the sentiment I did some masking  and used black embossing powder too, TH inked the edges and cut up and did some tricky placing of a Marianne Designs Creatables Frames LRO116.

The Christmas Card Challenge girls and I would love to have you playing along with us this week! 
So please call past the Christmas Card Challenges Blog, take in the delectable inspiration the girls have got on offer for you and come along and play with us :)

Thanks for dropping in to see me today!
Recipe -
Stamp(s)- unknown
Paper(s) - Hammered white card
Tools -  Marianne Designs Creatables Frames LRO116
Embellishment(s) – TH distress inks, Ranger fine black embossing powder, versamark ink, foam pop dots, Stash - Ribbon, lace, pearls & jewels, prima flowers.
Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
 Stamping For the Weekend - Anything Goes Fri E1/1
Crafty Ribbons - Christmas
Stamp and Create - Winter Wonderland
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - No Patterned Paper Sat
- - -- -  - - -

10 Treasured comments:

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card Leesa, I love the tree and the flowers.
Teresa x

rachel said...

beautiful card Leesa - love the simplicity of the look but its crammed with technique! Fabulous xx

Hazel said...

Beautiful card - love all the distressed edges - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 96 - hope to see you again soon. x

jane stillman said...

A gorgeous card, and love the subtle colours x

Stef H said...

this is absolutely gorgeous and i'm copying it to put in my list of favorites to copy - if that's ok with you.

nope. your mojo isn't here. looks like they'll both get a good talking too when the return. hmmmm, maybe we can show them we're good without them? bet they'll come back fast then - LOL.

hugs sweetie!

Mau xx said...

Hi Leesa, love the card, Its lovely colour and pop ups are superb.
Hope you are ok sweetie, sending you hugs across the sea.
Mau xx

carol said...

lovely card,love your flowers, thanks for joining in with our challenge at CRAFTY RIBBONS x carol

Melisa Waldorf said...

Pretty Christmas card!

Sandra H said...

This is beautiful Leesa! x

purplekt22 said...

Gorgeous - simple but very effective! x

Post a Comment